Reptile keeping products you probably don’t use but should!
Whether we are advanced keepers, hobbyist, or even beginners, we all have our own way of doing things! We love that the reptile community is always coming together to show, teach, or share their experiences and the best product recommendations. We asked all of you: “What are the best reptile products you use, that not everyone else uses, but definitely should be using!” Here were the top 5 answers!
- Solar meter: We couldn’t agree more with this pick! These are a bit on the pricier side, but worth every penny! It’s so important to know the UVB output your reptile is receiving! If you cannot afford a solar meter at this time, try using UVB strips! These won’t tell you what the output is, but will definitely tell you if your bulbs are working or need a replacement!
Want to find out what Ferguson Zone your reptile is in? Find out here
- Vet-Grade Cleanser: Are you sanitizing your enclosures once a month? If you aren’t and do not use a bioactive enclosure: you should be! This is a great way to reduce harmful bacteria growth in your reptile’s home! Our top recommendation is F10! You can find it here!
- Scale: This once is extremely UNDERRATED! A scale is an extremely helpful tool to make sure your reptiles growth is on track! Weight is a great indicator of your reptile’s health and should be monitored weekly for any changes.
- Décor: The best life you can give your reptile is a thriving life with LOTS of enrichment! Enrichment can be added to any enclosure in the form of décor, wood to climb on, hammocks, hides, substrate, or even rocks! We suggest functional décor that not only makes your enclosure beautiful but gives your reptile lots to do and explore! We have some amazing options here!
- Bee Pollen!! We seriously 100% whole heartedly agree with this one! Bee pollen has an amazing nutritional profile containing vitamins A, B, C, D, E, and K! These vitamins mimic a natural way of living for your reptile in a safe and effective way by boosting and improving overall immunity level of your species. Give our brand a try here! It’s 100% natural, organic, and is even locally sourced!
We received hundreds of answers and these were the top 5! We totally agree with this list and definitely think these are great tools and products to add to your reptile keeping routines, chores, and tasks! Is there anything we may have missed or definitely something you want to add? GO AHEAD! Add it to the comments below, we’d love to hear!
As always, we wanted to thank everyone for their participation to make this month’s blog happen! The reptile community never lets us down and we are incredibly grateful for all of you. We hope to see you next month!
Tifani & Whitney